As promised here is a short summary of our feedback:
- Overall feeling of the group was that this was a 9 out 10 venue
- Information pack – really comprehensive and great to be able to understand the detail about the house and grounds
- Communication – regular and reassuring in the lead up to our holiday, especially given our previous terrible experience of online fraud
• Welcome note and chilled wine – very nice touch
- Pool area – great pool, liked the recommended temperature, appreciated high investment in sun shades, loungers etc.
- Garden and grounds – great setting, nice variety, not overlooked
• Quietness of the area – good base for dog walks on quiet roads, railway didn’t make any difference to our enjoyment
- Patio & BBQ – when we ate at home we always ate outside and used the BBQ. Again good quality and variety of furniture was appreciated
- House – really well equipped, can’t think of anything we missed. With 5 of us (4 using the upstairs shower) we always had enough hot water for morning and afternoon showers. Loved having the pool table for cross generational matches! Also used the annexe fridge as our drinks fridge, which worked well
Overall we loved our fortnight at your fabulous property. We felt it represents good value for money and would recommend it heartily.
Wouldn’t change a thing!
We had a wonderful time with everything we needed.
Beautiful house, grounds and super pool. We will be back!
Carol, Colin, Sarah, Martin & Harrison
We have been renting houses in France for 50 years +, and we felt it was one of the best we have ever had. The house shows a lot of care and attention went into the furnishing & equipment and this added to our enjoyment. The pool is fantastic; not just the pool but its surroundings. It was great to see my 55 year old son (who has been seriously ill & still recovering) swimming with his son.
We have already mentioned La Métairie to a few people.
A truly lovely house and gardens, one of the best in 30 years of gîtes.
We had a lovely holiday. The house is glorious, very spacious and all as described. The garden is amazing for children and dogs, it is perfect, safe and huge, so many nooks and crannies to explore. The pool was great, lovely and warm.
Location is great, being able to walk to Saumur is a plus. Local area has everything you could want but we didn't venture far as the weather was fabulous and we had everything we needed on the spot.
As I have said before, your pre holiday information is second to none in 30+ years of renting in France and it was all really helpful.
I would highly recommend your house.
Contact Kelly and Tom to check availability and to make a booking